AlmereGrid Cloud Test Facility
The AlmereGrid Cloud test facility is and experimental facility to test Grid and Cloud middleware, applications and operational models.
It consists of:
- BOINC based Desktop Grid for eScience
- XtremWeb based Desktop Grid
- OpenNebula Cloud
- As soon as Contrail software comes available, that will be installed. Currently ConPaaS is available.
AlmereGrid has years of experience in running experiments in Grid based distributed computing environments.
Some examples are:
- Testbed for distributed back-up and disaster recovery, as part of the BEinGRID project
- Design study for Build-on-Grid: a distributed system to allow citizens to build their own hous in virtual reality on top of a Grid
- Studies on different types of Desktop grid middleware, including Grid MP, Platform LSF Activecluster, BOINC, XtremWeb
For an introduction view the presentation or contact us.
Partner with AlmereGrid to use the Cloud Test Facility
To use the Cloud Test Facility, you must be partner of AlmerGrid. Partnership agreements are available for companies, research institures, universities, and others.
The AlmereGrid BOINC Test Grid, is based on BOINC technology and used for testing large scale scientific applications. (The same technology is used for the AlmereGrid BOINC production Grid). Currently there are about 1250 computerst conencted to the test grid.
The ConPaaS Cloud testbed can be used to demonstrate use of scalable easy to manage cloud platforms, more specific web servers and servcies like PHP and Java Servlets.The software is developed as part of the Contrail project.
The AlmereGrid XtremWeb Test Grid, is based on XtremWeb technology and used for testing large scale scientific or business applications. (The same technology is used for the AlmereGrid XtremWeb production Grid). Currently there are about a dozen computerst conencted to the test grid.